OVERTRAINING: Treatment Prescription
The goal is to move the body from sympathetic (fight of fly) state to a parasympathetic (rest & recover).
Herbs & Oils:
- Cleavers Tea. 1 tablespoon of herb to a 1 cup of hot water. 3 cups a day.
- Castor Oil. Apply on chest or neck before bed.
- Adrenal SAP (NFH). 1 capsule 3 times a day.
- Acupuncture. Begin with x1 a week for 4 weeks. The session is typically 45 minutes long and the price is around CAD$100 for Toronto GTA area.
Nutritional Corrections & Recommendations
- Increase daily caloric intake. Begin increasing the amount of food you eat on a daily basis by 200-300 calories a day. Pay attention to your weight and body image. If you notice a rapid weight gain, cut the increase to 100-200 calories. If there is no weight gain, increase caloric intake by another 100-200 calorie a day, totaling at about extra 400-500 calories a day.
- Increase the frequency of the water consumption. Instead of drinking more water in total, make the emphasis on drinking it more frequent with little gulps. Drink the clear water, consistently and frequently throughout the day. Reduce water consumption 1-2 hours before bed.
- Consume protein from clean animal sources. The list below is organised in order from most nutritiously rich foods to least:
- Raw pork belly fat (30 grams a day)
- Fatty fish
- Eggs & Plant based proteins
- Chicken (The least nutritious. Nutritional value = 0)