Oleksandr is 27 years old and lives in Toronto, Canada with his buddy Blake a Scottish Terrier. Sasha graduated Grand Canyon University (Colangelo College of Business) with honors in MBA degree. In addition he holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering.
Sasha is age-group competitive Triathlete currently focused on Ironman 70.3 distance racing. He is lucky to have a small amount of athletic talent and work everyday to make the most of it.
“I believe I’ve got physical potential to reach elite levels of athletic performance. I strive to be the best myself in anything I do. I know that growth and improvement is life. Seeing myself getting fitter, stronger, faster make me keep on pushing and striving for more, breaking my limits.”
Sasha currently works for Uber ATG as a Self-Driving Vehicle Test Engineer. He contributes into development and testing of autonomous driving technology that allow cars to drive themselves without having a human driver.
He is passionate about business and entrepreneurship. His love for sport and passion for business led him to start the business – “Recovery Room”.
“ЯR” Recovery Room is innovative, premium recovery and performance enchasing center for elite and amateur class athletes. It provides athletes with tools and techniques that will make them better humans beings through reaching their full athletic potential.
Jan 2015 to Apr 2017
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Grand Canyon University, Colangelo College of Business
Member of Delta Mu Delta (International Honor Society in Business)
Sep 2009 – Jun 2013
Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering (Computer Science)
Zhytomyr State Technological University
Member of English Club
August 2018 – Now
Self-Driving Vehicles Test Operations Engineer I
Uber Technologies, Inc.
661 University Ave, Toronto, ON M5G 1M1, Canada
Involved in troubleshooting all of the software and hardware issues that emerge during commissioning, testing and operations.
Responsible for the following:
- Managing Test Engineering related operations and people on site
- Being the main point of contact for all the tests on Self-Driving Vehicles in Toronto, Canada
- Setting up test environments, design test plans, developing test cases/scenarios, and executing these cases
- Isolating, documenting, and tracking issues that arise during testing, finding root causes and possible solutions
- Diagnosing and performing hardware repairs
- Providing feedback to development teams on recurring issues being seen across the fleet
- Working with developers and different teams across the platform on verification strategies
- Developing and deploying technology that improves the safety, accessibility, convenience, and efficiency of Uber’s Self-Driving Vehicles
- Tier I support for engineering off board services
- Tier II fleet troubleshooting support
- Developing knowledge-base and workarounds for issues and provide them to Fleet Desk
Nov 2013 to Nov 2014
Alliance Abroad Group, LP
1645 E 6th St #100, Austin, TX 78702
Work duties performed:
- Installed, configured and managed Windows Server 2003/2008 R2. Managed public key certificates including HTTP Security (HTTPS). Utilized Active Directory for setting up security policies, managing users, computers and other devices on the network. Managed network access of users with local and remote network connectivity.
- Deployed and managed DHCP, DNS and Web servers.
- Setup and managed print servers and printers.
- Deployed, configured and managed Apache Web Server on Linux Debian.
- Deployed, configured and managed Sharepoint and Exchange Server 2010 on Windows Server.
- Installed new and rebuilt existing servers in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements. Repaired and purchased replacement equipment if necessary.
- Depending on the task, provided users with remote access services by using Windows Remote Desktop, OpenVPN or LogMeIn.
- Used HTML and CSS skills to modify the company’s website. Worked with WordPress and Joomla CRMs to edit the company’s website upon request.
- Installed, configured and managed SpiceWorks ticketing system. Provided local and remote users with helpdesk support.
- Installed, configured and supported routers, switches and firewalls.
- Configured and managed company’s IP phone system.
- Preformed regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Repaired and recovered from hardware or software failures while coordinating with impacted constituencies.
- Responsible for analyzing, designing, testing, and evaluating systems, such as local area networks, Internet, Intranet, etc.
Oct 2012 to Nov 2013
- Started a personnel outsourcing service in Ukraine to help pay for college.
- Selected a Business to Business Model for efficiency and predictability to complement my school schedule.
- Employed and managed 15 workers at any point in time.
- Scheduled staff and delegated/assigned specific duties
- Recruited, interviewed, selected, hired, and promoted employees in an organization.
- Kept detail records and metrics of the business.
- Created the design of advertising campaigns, managed social media accounts, created and managed the website.
Dec 2011 to May 2012
- Installed, configured and supported routers, switches and firewalls.
- Deployed, configured and managed Windows Server 2003.
- Performed ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization configuring CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Performed daily system monitoring to verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, reviewed system and application logs, and verified completion of scheduled jobs, such as backups.
- Performed regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- IRONMAN 70.3 Marbella, Spain (April 28th)
- IRONMAN 70.3 Kona, Hawaii (June 1st)
- IRONMAN 70.3 Muskoka, Canada (July 7)
- IRONMAN 70.3 Imperial Beach, California (September 15)
- IRONMAN 140.6 Florida (November 2)
- 11th Annual Southwest Valley Family Regional YMCA Olympic &
- Sprint Adult and Youth Duathlon (March 18th, 2-mi Run, 12-mi bike, 2 mi Run) 1st place
- Mountain Man 34th Annual Triathlon, Flagstaff, AZ, July 15th , 3rd place
- NORTH MONTREAL SPRINT (May 18, 2019)
- OTTAWA SUPER (July 27, 2019) – 1st place
- ONTARIO TRIFECTA WEEKEND: BEAST (August 31, 2019)
- Arizona Spartan Race Stadium Sprint Elite Men (July 2018), 2nd place
- America’s Toughest Mudder South, Central Texas (May 5th, 2018) – 30 miles, 9 hours
- Tough Mudder Arizona (March 24th, 2018) – 5th place
- Terrain Race – Tucson – (April 28th, 2018)
- Tough Mudder, NY (August 4th, 2018)
- Spartan Race Age Group, University of Phoenix Stadium (July 7th, 2018) – 2nd place
- Terrain Race Flagstaff Competitive Waive (July 21st, 2018).
- Spartan Race: LAURENTIAN SPRINT, (May 18, 2019)
- Spartan Race: Ottawa Super (July 28, 2019)
- Rock ‘n Roll 10K 49:43 (2018, Phoenix AZ)
- Pet’s Run 10K (2018, Phoenix AZ)
- BIAAZ Run, Walk and Roll 46:30 (April 16, 2018)
- Toronto Waterfront Marathon (October 21, 2018)
- Austin, TX ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot, (November 2017)
- Phoenix Run Run Rudolph 10K, 2018
- 1st MARATHON DE FRANCE (January 6, 2019)